Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Behavior Bulletin Board... P.B.I.S.

Our school uses P.B.I.S. Positive Behavior Intervention and Supports... instead of just tracking negative behavior, we can focus on positive behavior and they can be rewarded for good choices. In the WB Art Studio... we used the water color paint palette to keep track of where we are.  We can move the brown paint brush that is attached to a clothespin up and down the spectrum of color.  This was inspired by a behavior board I saw by Mr. E!  At the end of class, the students get a colored stick placed in their splat pocket.  At the end of the month, the class with the most "points" wins a certificate and a sweet treat!  I split the grade levels up by kindergarten through second grade and 3rd grade through fifth.  I really like how it is working out so far!


 



No comments:

Post a Comment