Thursday, October 17, 2013

4th Grade "Busy Trees" - Trunks with Character

Going through the stash of great art samples that my predecessor left me, I found construction paper tree trunks which inspired this project... there is a book by Lois Ehlert, Nuts to You which may have been the origin of creativity.  Either way, it lends a great literature connection along with another book, Busy Tree.  





Last year the students drew owls on black construction paper with oil pastels. See that project here.  It was one of my favorite projects... so this was a great way to do the same project with a twist.  Some students made piles of owls, sneaky owls, baby owls.  They are all fantastic!
The children explored with color

and they really brighten up the hall.








1 comment:

  1. These look great, I hope I can adapt them for my second graders!

    ReplyDelete